|Description of Lesson Plan Exemplar||A Lesson Plan Exemplar is an exceptional example of a teacher’s “roadmap” for a lesson. It contains a detailed description of the steps a teacher will take to teach a particular topic. It contains the following parts: Objectives, Content, Learning Resources, Procedures, Remarks and Reflection.|
|Description of Inquiry-based learning||Inquiry based learning (IBL) is a learner-centered approach that promotes critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills in learners. IBL helps students be responsible and take ownership of their learning in an engaging way.|
|Objectives||To collect lesson plans in teaching Science and Mathematics teaching in Grades 7 to 12 which will serve as exemplars to be included in the STEM capacity-building toolkit.|
|Target Contributors||Science and Mathematics Teachers (Grades 7 to 12)|
- Teacher contributors may submit inquiry-based lesson plans in any topic in science and mathematics taken between Grades 7 to 12. Multiple submissions are welcome.
- Submissions will be selected by the vetting panel designated by the Commission on Higher Education.
- Selected submissions shall be included in the STEM capacity-building toolkit.
- Selected teacher contributors shall receive a Certificate of Recognition from the Department of Education and the Commission on Higher Education.
For Print Submission
- Each teacher contributor must submit a printed copy of the following documents
- Cover Letter from the School Head
- Lesson Plan Exemplar
- Curriculum Vitae
- All documents must be printed in A4 size paper.
- All documents must be fastened to a long white folder, with the teacher contributor’s name and the institution’s name printed on the front flap of the folder.
- Documents must be filed following this order: Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae of teacher contributor followed by lesson plan exemplar
- Send the documents to this mailing address:
College Readiness Team
1st Floor, Commission on Higher Education, HEDC Building,
C.P. Garcia Avenue, Diliman Quezon City.
ATTENTION: Mr. Danie Son D. Gonzalvo
For Electronic Submission
- Teacher Contributors must upload the following documents through this google form: bit.ly/stemexemplars2017
- Files to be uploaded:
- For Cover Letter: Name of School_Cover Letter
- For Curriculum Vitae: Surname, Given Name_CV
- For Lesson Plan: Surname, Given Name_Lesson Plan Topic
Procedure for Submission
- Step 1: Teacher Contributor creates a lesson plan exemplar and updates curriculum vitae.
- Step 2: Teacher Contributor secures a cover or endorsement letter from the school head.
- Step 3: Teacher Contributor submits print and electronic copies of the lesson plan exemplars to the Commission on Higher Education.Note: Selected contributors shall be informed of the succeeding steps accordingly.
For inquiries, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.