The Commission recognizes the reality that many highly competent HEI Faculty and Staff apply and gain admission to top-ranking HEIs abroad, but remain constrained by lack of resources for tuition, lodging and other expenses. Support shall thus be made available to these prospective scholars through partial and tiered funding support, awarded on the basis of merit.
Aquaculture, Biodiversity Conservation, Capture Fisheries, Food Security, Forest Restoration, Forest and Climate Change Studies, Plantation Development, Resource Management, Watershed Management, Agri-technology and Post-Harvest Processing
Architecture, Fine Arts, and Related Programs
Future Cities, Urban and Regional Planning, Public Works Planning and Development, Transportation Studies, Ecological Landscape – Architecture, Land Use Planning, Landscape Ecology, Tropical/Cultural Landscape Architecture, Urban and Countryside Landscape
Business Analytics, Business Ethics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Tourism Management (Ph.D Level)
Criminal Justice Education
Administration of Justice and Security, Cybersecurity, Forensic Science
Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic and Communications Engineering, Materials Engineering / Synthetic Products, Mechatronics and Robotics, Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Transportation Engineering
Health Profession Education
Health and Life Sciences, Health/Medical Informatics, Health Communications, Epidemiology, Health Innovation and Translational Medicine, Health Regulatory Sciences (including Pharma and Medical Device Law, Regulatory Compliance), Health Financing, Medical Anthropology, Mental Health, Medical Technology; Occupational Health, Pharmacogenomics; Public Health, Radiology, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Sport Science
Interactive Media, Data Science, Digital Animation, Game Development, Digital Innovation Creativity, Systems Analysis
Maritime Affairs and Diplomacy, Maritime Evaluation and Assessment, Naval Architecture, Ship Design and Construction, Ship Superintendence.
Science and Math
Biotechnology, Climate and Atmospheric Sciences, Computational Bilogy and Quantitative Genetics, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, Energy Studies, Environmental Sciences, Geosciences, Geology, Marine Biology, Math and Applied Math, Meteorology, Molecular Biology, Nano Sciences, Renewable Energy Studies, Risk and Vulnerability Studies, Statistics and Applied Statistics.
Anthropology, Archaeology, Conflict and Development, Demography and Population Studies, Ethics and Human Rights, Economics and Applied Economics (e.g Behavioural Economics, Development Economics, International Economics, Environmental Economics, Health Economics, etc), Gender Studies, Studies of Ethnicity and Religions, Ethnology and Linguistics, Humanitarian Studies, Communication and Applied Studies in Communication (e.g. Media Research, Broadcast Communication, Etc.) Convergence Media, Media and Information Literacy, Psychology, Social Welfare and Development
Alternative Learning System/Distance Education, Adult Education, Early Childhood Education, Higher Education Curriculum Studies, Education Policy, Educational Leadership, Lifelong Learning, Education Technology and Innovation, Special and Inclusive Education
Public Management and Governance
Government and Peace Building, International Relations and Transnational Issues, International Business, International Law, International Development, Public Policy
- Be a Filipino citizen
- Not be more than 42 years old for applicants to master’s degree programs, not more than 40 years old for applicants to doctoral degree programs.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree for applicants to master’s degree program or a master’s degree for applicants to doctoral degree program
- Demonstrate strong academic record
- Be in good health and of good moral character
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law
- Has been accepted to the prospective HEI abroad
- Be required by his/her SHEI to render return service through a notarized written undertaking.
How to Apply
- Prospective scholars must first qualify for the relevant program and/or scholarship for which they are seeking additional funding from the Commission
- Submit accomplished application form
- Submit accomplished requirements (please see checklist of requirements)
- Submit the documentary requirements to the CHED K to 12 Transition Program Management Unit (PMU) by courier and as well as through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Checklist of Requirements
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CHED Template)
- Letter of acceptance to the relevant program
- Letter of award of scholarship (if applicable), and/or proof of other source of funds
- Statement of Purpose
- Certified true copy of the Transcript of Record
- Letter of Endorsement from the Dean of the respective school or college
- Work and Financial Plan
- Re-entry plan
- Notarized Return Service Agreement (signed by the University President or Head of the HEI)
- Proof of citizenship
- Medical Certificate
When to submit application?
We encourage the applicants to apply one (1) semester prior to the start of the intended program. We are also accepting applications on a monthly rolling basis.
How much is the maximum funding?
Php1,000,000.00 for applications for master’s degree program; Php2,000,000.00 for doctoral studies program
For more information, you may contact us through (02) 441-1143 or email@example.com.