CHED is offering grants to HEI personnel displaced due to the K to 12 Transition. Both teaching and non-teaching staff can apply for the available grants to advance content knowledge, promote knowledge production, and build capability through scholarships, research work and engagements with partners in various sectors.
Aligned with the CHED mandate to promote and protect the rights, interests and welfare of teaching and non-teaching personnel, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Department of Education (DepEd), and Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) extend various development opportunities for employment, livelihood, and entrepreneurship to displaced HEI personnel.
CHED Guidelines on Eligibility of Displaced HEI Personnel to Grants Under the K to 12 Transition Program
The Commission, through the K to 12 Transition Program, has been implementing various grants and other strategies to mitigate the impact of the transition on the higher education sector, such as scholarships, grants for professional advancement, action research grants and sectoral engagement grants.
As part of the Program, the Commission currently offers these grants to deloaded but retained HEI personnel. To ensure that all higher education personnel affected by the K to 12 Basic Education Program, the Commission hereby extends the program’s coverage to displaced HEI personnel.
The slots allotted for the displaced HEI personnel for Academic Year (AY) 2016-2017 are:
- 440 slots for Sectoral Engagement Grants;
- 170 slots for Scholarships for Graduate Studies;
- 300 slots for Professional Advancement Grants;
- 90 slots for Postdoctoral Study Grant; and
- 300 slots for Senior High School Support Grants
Additional slots may be added by the Commission as necessary.
How to Apply
Application for the grant will be done by the displaced HEI personnel through an online portal, in three (3) phases.
I. Before Online Application (Preparation of Supporting Documents)
The Applicant shall:
1. Download the Return Service Plan, Medical Certificate, and DBP Application Form below.
2. Scan the accomplished documents and follow the required naming convention. These supporting documents will be uploaded on the online portal.
|Attachment||Requirement||Save Scanned Document As|
|A||Original Certificate of Employment indicating Applicant’s previous position and/or nature of employment in his former HEI||“Last Name, Given Name_A.pdf”
(ex. Dela Cruz, Juan_A.pdf)
|B||Self-certified true copy of any valid government issued ID with picture showing Proof of Filipino Citizenship (i.e. Passport, Driver’s License, Voter’s ID)||“Last Name, Given Name_B.pdf”
(ex. Dela Cruz, Juan_B.pdf)
|C||Original or Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records;||“Last Name, Given Name_C.pdf”
(ex. Dela Cruz, Juan_C.pdf)
|D||Original accomplished Medical Certificate||“Last Name, Given Name_D.pdf”
(ex. Dela Cruz, Juan_D.pdf)
|E||Two (2) pieces 1 x 1 pictures taken within the last six months||“Last Name, Given Name_E.pdf”
(ex. Dela Cruz, Juan_E.pdf)
|F||Original accomplished and signed Return Service Plan||“Last Name, Given Name_F.pdf”
(ex. Dela Cruz, Juan_F.pdf)
|G||Original accomplished and signed DBP Application Form||“Last Name, Given Name_G.pdf”
(ex. Dela Cruz, Juan_G.pdf)
Important: Attachments that do not follow the required filename format shall not be recognized.
II. During Online Application (Filing of Online Application and Uploading Supporting Documents)
The Applicant shall:
1. Access the online application portal.
3. Choose three (3) grants in order of preference. The available grants are as follows:
- Graduate Education Scholarships for Master’s and Doctoral Study
- Sectoral Engagement Grants
- Professional Advancement Grant
- Postdoctoral Study Grant
- Senior High School Support Grant
5. Upload the supporting documents (Attachments A to F) following the correct naming convention.
6. Certify to the “Omnibus Certification of Authenticity” clause in the Online Application to assume full responsibility and accountability on the validity, authenticity and veracity of the documents submitted.
7. Acknowledge agreement to the “Terms and Conditions”. By agreeing, the Applicant understands, accepts and agrees to all the terms and conditions indicated in these Guidelines on Eligibility of Displaced HEI Personnel to the Grants under the K to 12 Transition Program.
III. After Online Application (Submission of Executed Application and Hard Copy Supporting Documents)
The Applicant shall:
1. Receive an email within three (3) to five (5) working days from the successful submission of the online application, with the following information:
- Notification of Receipt of Application
- Reference Number
- Soft copy of the online Application Form
Download, print, and sign the Application Form.
2. Submit the hard copies of the following to his/her respective Regional K to 12 Transition Program Management Unit:
- Signed Application Form
- Printed Supporting Documents (Attachments A to F)
- Printed DBP Application Form
Documents must be received by the Regional K to 12 Transition Program Management Unit no later than seven (7) working days after the deadline or on
2 November 2016, 5:00 PM.
Applications with incomplete requirements shall NOT be processed.
APPLICATION KEY DATES
|APPLICATION PROCEDURE||DEADLINE (Philippine Standard Time)|
|Submission of Online Applications||30 October 2016, 5:00 PM|
|Submission of hard copies of the executed application form, together with supporting documents to CHED Regional Offices||No later than seven (7) working days after the deadline or on
2 November 2016, 5:00 PM
CHED Memorandum Order
For more information, email the CHED K to 12 Transition Program Management Unit Interagency Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete directory of the CHED K to 12 Transition Program Management Unit Regional Offices, click here.