Other Available Support from DOLE, DepEd, and TESDA

← Return to CHED Grants and Scholarships


Pursuant to Section 31 of the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 10533 (the “Enhanced Basic Education Act”), the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Department of Education (DepEd), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), and Commission on Higher Education (CHED) issued the “Interagency Joint Guidelines” on the implementation of the labor and management component of the Act.

The “Interagency Joint Guidelines” was issued to ensure the sustainability of private and public institutions; to protect the rights, interests, and welfare of teaching and non-teaching personnel; and to optimize employment retention or to prevent, to the extent possible, displacement of faculty and non-academic personnel in private and public higher education institutions (HEIs) during the transition from existing ten (10) years basic education cycle to the enhanced basic education program or K to 12.

Below are the initiatives that each agency offers to interested HEI personnel.

Department of Labor and Employment

Refer to DOLE Department Order 177-17 – Expanding DOLE Adjustment Measures Program For Displaced Higher Education Institution (HEI) Personnel due to the Implementation of Republic Act No. 10533

Aimed at providing assistance and interventions to displaced HEI personnel, enhance their employability and competitiveness, and mitigate the adverse economic impacts of the implementation of RA 10533, the expanded K to 12 DOLE Adjustment Measures Program (AMP) shall provide the displaced HEI personnel an integrated and comprehensive package of assistance during the transition period through (1) financial support; (2) employment facilitation; (3) livelihood opportunities, and (4) referral to other inter-agency mitigation programs.

1. Financial Support

  • Provides the displaced HEI personnel with financial relief necessary to mitigate the immediate adverse economic impacts of the implementation of RA 10533.
  • The amount is equivalent to Php 10,000.00, seventy-five (75%) percent of their last monthly gross salary or the prevailing regional median salary of the HEI personnel, whichever is highest. The program covers three (3) months of financial support for partially and temporarily displaced HEI personnel and six (6) months for totally displaced HEI personnel. In case the temporarily displaced beneficiary becomes totally displaced, duration shall be extended for three (3) additional months. The financial support shall be deposited directly to the beneficiary’s Land Bank of the Philippines account at the end of the reference month.

2. Employment Facilitation Services

  • Provides displaced HEI personnel access to available job opportunities suitable to the qualifications of the displaced HEI personnel through job matching, referral, and placement services, either local or overseas employment, employment coaching and Labor Market Information.

3. Livelihood Opportunities

  • Provides displaced HEI personnel with training on how to plan, set up, start and operate their livelihood undertakings; working capital in the form of raw materials, equipment, tools and jigs and other support services necessary to set up the business; and continuing technical and business advisory services to ensure efficiency, productivity, and sustainability of the business/enterprise under the DOLE Integrated Livelihood and Emergency Employment Program (DILEEP).

4. Referral to other Inter-agency Mitigation Measures

  • Provides referrals to either CHED (Development Grants), DepEd (Green Lane), or TESDA (Skills Training) for provision of appropriate assistance to applicants who failed to possess the required eligibilities for the K to 12 DOLE AMP and based on the qualifications and expressed interests of the displaced HEI personnel.
Frequently Asked Questions

Who are qualified to avail of the program?

All HEI personnel, regardless of tenure and position, who are displaced due to the implementation of the RA No.10533, may avail of the program benefits.

Is the program limited to professors and instructors?

No. The program is open to both teaching personnel and non-teaching personnel such as maintenance personnel, librarians, guidance counselors, administrative staff and others provided that they are displaced because of the implementation of the K to 12 Program.

Is a part-time faculty qualified to avail of K to 12 DOLE AMP?

Yes, a part-time faculty is covered by the program if he/she is terminated by the HEI.

Will a faculty whose teaching load was merely reduced because of the K to 12 Program be qualified for the K to 12 DOLE AMP?

No. K to 12 DOLE AMP only applies to terminated HEI personnel.

What are the services that can be availed of in this program?

K to 12 DOLE AMP offers the following services:

  • Financial Support;  
  • Employment Facilitation; and
  • Training and Livelihood.

Is it possible for a displaced HEI personnel to avail of all these services?

Yes, any qualified displaced HEI personnel may avail of all the three services simultaneously.

What kind of Financial Support can a displaced HEI personnel get?

The Financial Support under the K to 12 DOLE AMP is a form of assistance to be used by the displaced personnel in his/her search for subsequent full-time wage employment. An assessed and qualified displaced HEI personnel shall receive an amount equivalent to either his/her previous salary or the prevailing regional median salary, whichever is lower.

How long will a displaced HEI personnel receive the financial support?

The period for receiving the amount will vary depending on the displaced HEI personnel’s status of employment. If the displaced HEI personnel is a permanent employee, the Financial Support will be for a period of six (6) months. If the displaced personnel is a  non-permanent HEI personnel, he/she will receive the Financial Support for a period of three (3)  to six (6) months depending on if the whether or not his/her unemployment resulted to  a total income loss.

Upon acceptance to the DOLE AMP program, how will the displaced HEI personnel be able to receive the financial support?

Financial support grant will be released through ATM money transfers.

What other services can a displaced HEI personnel avail of aside from Financial Support?

Qualified HEI personnel may likewise avail of Employment Facilitation; and Training and Livelihood.

What is Employment Facilitation all about?

Displaced HEI personnel will be referred to other existing DOLE Employment programs as indicated in the Recommended Plan of Action (RPA) to be given to the qualified applicant upon his/her acceptance to the program.

What will happen if the displaced HEI personnel wishes to avail of Training and Livelihood services?

The displaced HEI personnel will be referred to TESDA or other government sponsored trainings, subject to compliance by the same to the requirements of such government programs. These tranings may or may not be provided free of charge by these government institutions. A list of free trainings is available at the DOLE Regional Offices (RO) and TESDA.

How can the applicant avail of K to 12 DOLE AMP?

The applicant will submit an application form, together with other requirements, to the nearest DOLE Regional/Field Offices (DOLE ROs FOs) or the Public Employment Service Office (PESO). Such application forms may be secured from the Quick Response Team (QRT) that will be visiting the school within thirty (30) days after notice of termination from the HEI.

What are the documentary requirements that a displaced HEI personnel must submit?

  • Notice of termination issued by the HEI;
  • Photocopy of HEI employee’s ID or any government ID;
  • Latest income tax return (ITR), if applicable.

What will happen after submission by the displaced HEI personnel of all the requirements?

The applicant will receive a notice from the K to 12 DOLE AMP. If qualified, a Notice of Acceptance will be sent to the applicant containing instructions on how to proceed with availment of the program. If not qualified, a Notice of Denial will be sent to the applicant.

What are the conditional requirements of the program?

A displaced HEI personnel qualified for Financial Support (FS) is required to make ten (10) job contacts within, or every after, three (3) months which must be reflected in their individual Recommended Plan of Action (RPAs).

Can a qualified displaced HEI personnel be suspended/disqualified from the program?

Yes. An accepted displaced HEI personnel may be suspended from the program if he/she does not comply with the conditional requirements or he/she was issued a warning. A third count of disregard of the prescribed conditional requirements, misrepresentation of facts or submission of falsified documents will disqualify an accepted displaced HEI personnel from receiving program benefits.

Can a K to 12 DOLE AMP grantee still avail of any CHED or DepEd mitigation program?

A DOLE AMP grantee may apply to teach in a DepEd SHS but may no longer avail of any CHED transition programs during the transition period.

If the HEI personnel is terminated who will shoulder payments for loans and premiums in SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG?

Payments for SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG premiums and loans will be shouldered by the terminated HEI personnel.


Department of Education

DepEd “Green Lane” Hiring of Displaced HEI Personnel

Refer to the DO No. 3, s. 2016 – Hiring Guidelines for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions Effective School Year (SY) 2016-2017 and DO No. 49, s. 2016Guidelines on the Hiring of Contractual (Full-time and Part-time) Teachers in Senior High School

For School Year (SY) 2016-2017, the DepEd will be hiring 36,150 teachers for SHS.  The DepEd has established a “Green Lane” to prioritize and fast-track the hiring of displaced HEI personnel, matching them in terms of location and salary.

Pursuant to Section 12 of RA 10533, qualified academic personnel affected or displaced from employment from HEIs as a result of the adoption and implementation of the Act shall be given first priority in hiring. Thus, displaced HEI faculty (with the specializations needed by the school) shall be appointed first before all other qualified applicants may be appointed.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can avail of the Green Lane prioritization?

Displaced HEI faculty who have a minimum teaching experience of at least one (1) complete academic year in an HEI as of academic year (AY) 2014-2015 and have been displaced as a result of the implementation of RA 10533 otherwise known as the “Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013.”

What are the requirements for SHS Teacher Applicants?

Mandatory requirements for all applicants are:

Letter of intent indicating statement of purpose or expression of interest, subject group he/she intends to teach, and preferred school, if any;

  • Two copies of personal data sheet (CSC Form 212) with latest 2×2 ID picture
  • Certified copies of certificates of relevant specialized training, if any;
  • Proof of residency;
  • NBI clearance; and
  • Signed omnibus certification of authenticity and veracity of all documents submitted.
  • A certified copy of Certification of Employment/Service Record from HEI/TVI is required for HEI/TVI Faculty applicants.

Additional requirements for full-time and part-time positions, TVL, Arts and Design, and Sports Tracks teacher applicants may be found in DepEd Order (DO) No. 3, s. 2016.

What is the application process for SHS Teacher-Applicants?

  1. Accomplish all mandatory and additional requirements.
  2. Submit to Schools Division Office (SDO) or preferred school.
  3. Evaluation by Division Selection Committee.
  4. Scheduling of interview and teaching demonstration.
  5. Registry of Qualified Applicants (RQA) will be released as approved by Schools Division Superintendent.
  6. SDO processes appointments of qualified SHS teacher applicants.
  7. Can a hired TVI course graduate/HEI faculty/practitioner apply as an SHS teacher?
  8. Graduates of technical-vocational courses must have the necessary certification issued by TESDA and undergo training to be administered by DepEd or HEIs. Faculty of colleges and universities must be full-time professors and be holders of a relevant Bachelor’s degree. DepEd and private schools may also hire practitioners with expertise in the specialized learning areas offered by the K to 12 Program as part-time teachers.   Faculty of TVIs and HEIs will be given priority in hiring for the transition period from September 2013 until SY 2021-2022.

Can a graduate of science/math/engineering/course apply as an SHS teacher?

Yes. If you are willing to teach on a part-time basis, you will not be required to take and pass the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET). If you want a permanent position, you will need to take and pass the LET within five (5) years after your date of hiring to remain employed full-time.

Do HEI applicants undergo a different screening process? Are different quality standards applied to them?

Same screening process and qualification standards shall apply to HEI applicants. However, regardless of their status (contractual or permanent), their teaching experience will be accounted for and will give them additional points compared to non-HEI applicants. The point system will be as follows:

  • At least one (1) year of experience = additional one (1) point
  • More than one (1) year to less than three (3) years experience = additional 3 points
  • Three (3) or more years of experience = additional five (5) points

In addition, displaced HEI faculty (with specializations needed by the school) shall be appointed first before all other qualified applicants may be appointed, regardless of their rank, as long as they have met the qualifying cut-off score.

Can any HEI faculty, regardless of whether they will be displaced, be allowed to apply for SHS teaching positions? Will the same screening process and quality standards apply to them?

Yes, any HEI faculty can apply for SHS teaching positions. They may be hired if they are found to be qualified under the same screening process. However, the special treatment appropriated for displaced HEI applicants will not be applied to non-displaced HEI applicants.

Will SHS still be hiring in the second semester of each school year?

Hiring during the second semester of the SY may still be possible based on the needs of schools determined by the Schools Division Offices.

Will those that have already taken the English Proficiency Test (EPT) have to take it again?

Those who have taken the EPT in 2014 or later may opt not to retake the test. The Division Testing Coordinator shall request from the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA) the official scores of applicants who declared they have taken the EPT in 2014 or later.

Can an industry practitioner without National TVET Trainer certificate (NTTC) apply to teach in SHS?

Yes. However, practitioners without NTTC and applicants for courses that have no National Certificates shall be rated and assessed through demonstration by industry partners or duly recognized TTIs/TVIs with which the SDO shall partner.

Will National Certificate (NC) holders without teaching experience be qualified to teach in SHS?

A practitioner holding appropriate TESDA certifications but without teaching experience may be hired to teach, provided that he/she meets the 70-point cutoff for inclusion in the RQA.

Can the National Certificate (NC) and Trainers Methodology Certificate (TMC) requirements in the Qualification Standards (QS) be waived for licensed professionals?

Appropriate TESDA certifications, such as NC and TMC, are required for SHS TVL teacher-applicants, as detailed in CSC Resolution No. 1600358 promulgated April 5, 2016.

How are part-time SHS teachers compensated?

Compensation for part-time services will be computed proportionately.


Technical Skills Development Authority

For the affected personnel who will be moving out of the education sector, the TESDA shall offer skills re-training or upgrading to develop present qualifications of the workers in order for them to be more job-fit and job-ready for their search of next employment. For affected workers, TESDA offers:

  1. Regular training programs being offered by TESDA-administered institutions.
  2. Training for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP) being offered in institutions with TESDA-registered programs that aims to purposively drive TVET provision to available jobs for immediate employment, both locally and overseas. This program is a response to the clamor of industry to address the critical skills shortages in priority sectors, particularly the Business Process Outsourcing, metals and engineering, agri-fishery, semiconductor and electronics, construction and tourism, among others.
  3. Competency assessment and certification of HEI faculty who would want to teach certain qualifications under the tech-voc track in Senior High Schools or other HEI personnel who want to pursue another career in tech-voc.
Frequently Asked Questions

How can displaced HEI personnel avail of the TESDA programs and services?

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Regional/Field Offices will endorse to the nearest TESDA Provincial Offices in the provinces and District Offices in Metro Manila the displaced HEI personnel who wants to avail of TESDA skills training programs. The concerned TESDA Provincial Offices in the provinces or District Offices in Metro Manila will facilitate the orientation, screening/ processing of prospective beneficiaries. Qualified applicants will be issued training vouchers for the specific qualifications that they want to pursue.


Will an experienced HEI faculty especially those who are holders of Masters or Doctorate degrees who wish to teach Tech-Voc in SHS still undergo TESDA assessment and certification?

Yes. They need to possess the National TVET Trainers Certificate which is a combination of two (2) certifications: National Certificate (NC) in the specific qualifications that they will teach in SHS and the Training Methodology (TM) Certificate. The Training Methodology (TM) program will enable the individual to perform the following competencies:

  • Plan training sessions
  • Facilitate learning sessions
  • Supervise Work-based learning
  • Conduct competency assessment
  • Maintain training facilities
  • Utilize electronic media in facilitating training


How can faculty of Higher Education Institutions be able to teach TVET courses in SHS?

Faculty of private HEIs/TVIs may be hired hire to teach in their specialized subjects in SHS. These graduates must possess the necessary certification issued by the TESDA and that they undergo appropriate in-service trainings to be administered by the DepEd. They will be given priority in hiring under DepEd’s “Green Lane” program during the K to 12 transition period


Commission on Higher Education

Refer to the CMO No. 51, s. 2016 – Guidelines on Eligibility of Displaced HEI Personnel to Grants under the K to 12 Transition Program

The CHED, through the K to 12 Transition Program, is now offering a series of grants through which displaced HEI personnel, both teaching and non-teaching,  can receive grants to advance content knowledge, promote knowledge production, and build capability through scholarships, research work and engagements with partners in various sectors.

Displaced HEI Personnel may avail of the following grants:

  • Graduate Education Scholarships for Master’s and Doctoral Study
  • Sectoral Engagement Grants
  • Professional Advancement Grant
  • Postdoctoral Study Grant
  • Senior High School Support Grant

The slots allotted for the displaced HEI personnel for Academic Year (AY) 2016-2017 are:

  • 440 slots for Sectoral Engagement Grants;
  • 170 slots for Scholarships for Graduate Studies;
  • 300 slots for Professional Advancement Grants;
  • 90 slots for Postdoctoral Study Grant; and
  • 300 slots for Senior High School Support Grants

Additional slots may be added by the Commission as necessary.

Frequently Asked Questions



on the Implementation of the Labor and Management Component of Republic Act No. 10533 (Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013)

on the Implementation of Third Quarter Interagency Activities

Memo from the Chair, 4 August 2016
Interagency Roadshow on Government Transition Programs for Displaced Hei Personnel and HEI Administrators



Government Programs for the K to 12 Transition: Orientation for Affected HEI Personnel & Administrators (PDF, 4 MB)
A presentation on The K to 12 Transition Period Interagency Efforts, shown during the NCR Roadshow held last October 18, 2016.



DepEd Hotlines DepEd K to 12 Portal
Tesda Hotlines  TESDA Website
DOLE Hotlines  DOLE Bureau of Local Employment
 CHED Hotlines