Displacement Report





Pursuant to Section 31 of the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 10533 (the “Enhanced Basic Education Act”), the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Department of Education (DepEd), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), and Commission on Higher Education (CHED), formed the K to 12 Interagency Council (“Interagency”) and issued the “Interagency Joint Guidelines” on the implementation of the labor and management component of the Act.

The “Interagency Joint Guidelines” was issued to ensure the sustainability of private and public institutions; to protect the rights, interests, and welfare of teaching and non-teaching personnel; and to optimize employment retention or to prevent, to the extent possible, displacement of faculty and non-academic personnel in private and public higher education institutions (HEIs) during the transition from existing ten (10) years basic education cycle to the enhanced basic education program or K to 12.

In line with this mandate, the Interagency has created a platform for HEIs and their personnel to report displacement following the implementation of the K to 12 system, thus allowing for the Interagency to track and extend government aid to those who need it, whenever possible.

Scope and Limitations

The current data gathering effort of the Interagency Council is limited to those who were displaced from their institutions as a result of RA 10533, or the Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013. Moreover, the current data gathering effort only covers AY 2014-2015 to AY 2016-2017. A separate portal where institutions and personnel can report real-time displacement is being developed, and shall be communicated accordingly.

As such, Displaced HEI personnel refers to a former higher education personnel, whether teaching or non-teaching, who is separated from employment with the HEI due to the implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Program, regardless of manner of displacement.

Overview of the Process

For Submissions Through the Online Portal