The CHED K to 12 Transition Program Management Unit (PMU) recently concluded a month-long series of Strategic Faculty and Staff Development Planning Workshops last November, held with public and private higher education institutions (HEIs) to help them prepare for the upcoming K to 12 Transition Period.
A total of 138 State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and 454 private HEIs were represented and given guidance in how to assign tasks to their personnel and endorse them for CHED-sponsored grants during this period.
A total of seven (7) sessions were held in three (3) locations around the country, as follows:
- November 3, Cebu – SUCs from Regions VI, VII and VIII
- November 4, Cebu – SUCs from Regions IX, X, XI and XII
- November 6, CHED Central Office – SUCs from Regions I, II, III, IV-A, IV-B, V, NCR, CAR, ARMM and CARAGA
- November 16, Cebu – Private HEIs from Regions VI, VII, VIII and IX
- November 17, Cebu – Private HEIs from Regions X, XI, XII, CARAGA and ARMM
- November 25, CHED Central Office – Private HEIs from Regions I, II, III, NCR and CAR
- November 26, Batangas – Private HEIs from Regions IV-A, IV-B and V
These events were mounted with the invaluable help of partners in the Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges (PASUC) and the Coordinating Council of Private Educational Associations (COCOPEA); CHED Regional Offices (CHEDROs) nationwide, through whom information about the workshop was disseminated, and particularly CHEDROs VII and IV-A who took the lead in organizing the workshops outside of Metro Manila, along with the help of Batangas State University which served as the host for the Batangas workshop.